Tuesday, February 10, 2009

i'll be whoever you need me to be...


I have learned a valuable lesson over time, especially working in health care. I have learned that it doesn't really matter who i am, as much as what i am doing. It is the entire concept of service, just looked at from another angle. I have worked with some very sick patients, and even been with them when they have passed from this life to the next, each one needed me to be something else: a daughter, a son, a husband, a friend, a comforter. I get the most joy when helping those people that need me. . . it isn't always a patient, sometimes it is a friend, or a stranger. Tonight, I am needed as a daughter, my hand is needed to comfort and sooth. . . I don't mind helping at all, actually quite the opposite because if it was my loved one, I would want someone to do it for them too. EVERY SINGLE PERSON is someone's loved one. . . I am constantly reminded of that. I also know that if it was me, I would pray that someone would be there to be what i needed. Next time someone asks you to be what they truly need, put yourself aside, and be there for them. . . be whoever they need you to be. Some may call it service, but i call it love.

No comments:

Post a Comment